Saturday, July 16, 2011

No More Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Luke Ford writes: I could be wrong. I could be humiliated any day now with a crushing relapse. I’ve had these experiences before where I thought my CFS was no more and then I just got crushed for weeks on end.

Despite this, I feel like my CFS is over.

What caused this turnaround? My CPAP machine, which I started using in early February. I’m getting about the same amount of sleep a night, I think, but with the CPAP, I’m getting benefit from my sleep. I don’t wake up with headaches from oxygen deprivation, etc.

I’m only getting about four hours of sleep a night (out of about nine hours spent a night in bed, I do understand that our perception of how much sleep we get is often wildly inaccurate), so I have to work on that by following the usual recommendations for good sleep hygiene.

I was greatly helped by this book, The Harvard Medical School’s Guide To A Good Night’s Sleep.

I discuss the weekly Torah portion with Rabbi Rabbs every Monday at 7pm PST on my live cam and on YouTube. Facebook Fan Page. This week we study Parashat Pinchas (Numbers 25:10-30:1).



No comments: