Thursday, January 20, 2011

TV Producers: Profiles In Frustration

Luke Ford has been blogging about Los Angeles since 1997.

Luke Ford is the author of five books, including:

» Rebel Without a Shul, » The Producers: Profiles in Frustration » Yesterday’s News Tomorrow: Inside American Jewish Journalism

Read Luke’s autobiography here. Pictures. Fiction. Contact info. FacebookPress. Twitter.

"I recently ran into a guy named Luke Ford, who I had lost over time. When I caught up with his website at lukeford.net, he was shredding some shreddable industryite or another. But after more digging, I found that Luke has done some pretty unusual journalistic work… He is building a database of in-depth interviews with Hollywood producers, the least interviewed group of high-profile industry players. The list he’s developed is pretty jaw-dropping."

"I didn’t realize just how irresponsible we normally are in everyday private conversations until I encountered L.A. blogger Luke Ford. Ford goes around to parties with a tape recorder and immediately posts snatches of dialogue on the web. His reporting is impeccable. He has faithfully quoted me libeling dozens of people on two separate occasions."

"Luke Ford is the Andy Kaufman of bloggers,"

Allan Mayer, former editor of Buzz magazine

"…[H]uman Echelon Project,"

On 11/14/03, The New York Times apologized for its plagiarism of a paragraph of Lukeford.net by Hollywood correspondent Bernard Weinraub.

"That paragraph was reproduced nearly verbatim from a Weblog compiled by a Los Angeles journalist, Luke Ford…"

I discuss the weekly Torah portion with Rabbi Rabbs every Monday at 7pm PST on my live cam and YouTube.



No comments: